翔意数码淘宝店:xynbnb.taobao.com
全国客服电话:010-59000667
地址:北京东城区东兴隆街56号北京商界A座512
ThinkPad产品专业客服 苹果产品专业客服
查看: 1681|回复: 3

[新聞]安全人員宣稱寫出 OS X 蠕蟲

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-7-19 01:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
he anonymous researcher who claims to have crafted a Mac OS X worm said today that he (or she) will report his findings to Apple Inc., but added that the Cupertino, Calif.-based company "has a very long way to go" on security. Identified only as the researcher behind the Information Security Sell Out blog, the individual on Sunday announced that a still-unpatched bug in mDNSResponder, a component of Apple's Bonjour automatic network configuring service, could be exploited by a worm. Apple's May security update, dubbed 2007-005, included a fix for the mDNS bug. "[My worm] is in the same code base, obviously, but that is where the similarity to the recently patched issues ends," said the researcher in an e-mail interview. "When Apple fixed the previous issues, they did not take care of the entire code base and there are a lot of bugs there... some are exploitable, like the one I am using, while others are not. But the fact remains that Apple did a horrible job in fixing this package." According to the researcher, the worm is fully automated and ready to use. "It would be considered a fully weaponized exploit and fully automated," he said. "This is really no different than other worms we have seen [on the Windows platform]. Other than that, I am not able to give any more details." Another researcher, however, questioned whether the anonymous individual crafted the worm in only a few hours, as claimed. "Writing the exploit in one day... unlikely for anything other than a stack overflow," said Dave Aitel, the chief technology officer at Immunity, Inc., a Miami Beach-based security company best known for its Canvas penetration testing software. "So most likely he found a stack overflow in mDNS, which is perfectly possible. It is open source, after all." The researcher who claims to have created the worm didn't detail the vulnerability, but did emphasize that writing the exploit was a breeze. "The hard part is finding the bug," he said. "Once you have found it, it is very easy to exploit. The Bonjour (mDNS) service is UDP [User Datagram Protocol, one of the core Internet protocols] Universal as well, making it even more fun for things like worms." But like other researchers who have grown tired of claims that Mac OS X is more secure than rival operating systems, the anonymous individual saved a last shot for Apple. Although he said he will report the newfound vulnerability to Apple at some point, he has no timetable at the moment. "I do believe in being responsible and working with vendors," he said, "but I also feel that some vendors need to be treated like children and learn lessons the hard way. Apple has a very long way to go when dealing with security issues in their products." Aitel leaned a bit the same way. In a posting to his DailyDave mailing list yesterday in which he pointed out the anonymous researcher's exploit, Aitel wrote: "I note that 'Infosecurity Sellout' is claiming there is another bug in mDNS which is wormable. This is obviously untrue, since there are no more remote bugs in OS X." That last line was firmly tongue in cheek, Aitel clarified today in an e-mail. "No, I'm just being funny. OS X is horribly insecure," he said. Apple spokesman Anuj Nayar offered a rebuttal in an e-mailed statement. "Apple takes security very seriously and has a great track record of addressing potential vulnerabilities before they can affect users," he said.
主要內容如下: 一位暱名的電腦安全研究人員宣稱,他已製造出一個 Mac OS X 的蠕蟲 (worm)。根據他的說法,他是利用 Bonjour 網路服務裡 mDNSResponder 組件的程式錯誤進行攻擊,雖然蘋果在 2007-005 安全更新裡已修正一項這方面的安全問題,但是他表示裡面還有一些類似的安全漏洞。該人員說他會將他的發現回報給蘋果公司,但他也說,蘋果在安全問題上還有很長一段路要走。不過,他並未提供關於這個蠕蟲的其他細節。 Sources:computerworld ★★★

楼主| 发表于 2007-7-19 13:14 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 god_pier 于 2007-7-19 11:48 发表 不是说Mac OS X上网很安全的吗?
写出供给代码,并不代表攻击代码已经流出或者有人中毒
发表于 2007-7-19 14:34 | 显示全部楼层
大师就是大师~~~~~~~~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入

本版积分规则

返回顶部